none
Dataset Saving Error: Specified path already exists

Question

• Starting on 6/4/18 in ADF v2 I started running into a saving error while creating new datasets. I receive an error that reads like so:

"The path '//dataset....json' specified in the add operation already exists. Please specify a new path. Parameter name: newPush".

The names across my various datasets are completely unique so I'm not sure why I'm receiving this error.

Repro steps:

1) Create and save new dataset a (I've been using Azure File Storage and Azure SQL Database). Let's call this dataset #1

2) Create and save another dataset. Let's call this dataset #2

Both appear to correctly save, but the first data set will now appear to have unsaved changes. If I try to save dataset #1 again I receive the error above. If I try to save dataset #2 I also receive the error above. Both datasets then disappear from the side pane.

If I refresh the page I get the "Any unsaved changes will be discarded message", but upon the page refresh the datasets reappear in the side pane.

I find this to be very strange behavior. I'm glad that the datasets save, but it makes me feel a little uneasy when I'm frequently running into seemingly false errors.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Thursday, June 7, 2018 10:30 PM

All replies