none
Dataset Saving Error: Specified path already exists

Question

• Starting on 6/4/18 in ADF v2 I started running into a saving error while creating new datasets. I receive an error that reads like so:

"The path '//dataset....json' specified in the add operation already exists. Please specify a new path. Parameter name: newPush".

The names across my various datasets are completely unique so I'm not sure why I'm receiving this error.

Repro steps:

1) Create and save new dataset a (I've been using Azure File Storage and Azure SQL Database). Let's call this dataset #1

2) Create and save another dataset. Let's call this dataset #2

Both appear to correctly save, but the first data set will now appear to have unsaved changes. If I try to save dataset #1 again I receive the error above. If I try to save dataset #2 I also receive the error above. Both datasets then disappear from the side pane.

If I refresh the page I get the "Any unsaved changes will be discarded message", but upon the page refresh the datasets reappear in the side pane.

I find this to be very strange behavior. I'm glad that the datasets save, but it makes me feel a little uneasy when I'm frequently running into seemingly false errors.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Thursday, June 7, 2018 10:30 PM

All replies

• Are you using git mode?
    Friday, June 8, 2018 2:57 AM
  • Yes, VSTS GIT
    Friday, June 8, 2018 3:59 PM
  • Seems one of my colleagues has replied you through email.

Saturday, June 9, 2018 6:10 AM
  • Hi Fang, I am also facing the same issue. Can yo please provide the answer for the same?
    Monday, January 14, 2019 6:13 AM
  • This is the original reply:

This error happens when you are trying to save a resource in GIT but some other user has already saved a resource with the same name and type. That’s why things work fine once you refresh the page because then the UI re-fetches everything and is up to date.

Normally when you have this error, just renaming the resource in conflict should solve the problem.

Please let us know whether it works. 

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 1:57 AM