none
how to create powerpoint presentation from excel data using openxml sdk code RRS feed

• Question

• i have a code in open xml sdk to create a dynamic word cocument from the excel workbook data.

it will add images , tables to the word document from excel sheet .

and i am inserting texts, images, tables using bookmarks in the word document .

likewise i need to generate powerpoint output based on the excel workbook data. but in powerpoint there is no option called "Bookmarks" to insert a sample data from excel sheet.

is there any option to insert excel data into powerpoint slides programatically ?

Kindly provide code for creating the powerpoint presentation and for adding texts,images,tables dynamically.

Thanks in advance !!

banupriya

Monday, July 29, 2013 9:10 AM

All replies

• HI banupriya,

Your problem has few details for further research. I can't catch your goal.

I recommend you read http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/gg278317(v=office.14).aspx first.

This article will tell your how to create a blank presentation. And you can extend that program to fit your goal.

Have a good day,

Tom

Friday, August 9, 2013 12:17 PM
  • Hey, Tom, nice to see you back :-)

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Friday, August 9, 2013 2:52 PM
  • HI Cindy,

Thank you :)

Tom

Saturday, August 10, 2013 11:06 AM
  • Thank you Tom.

I have created a empty presentation. Now i need to map datas from Excel sheet to the presentation. Excel is my DataBase. and i want to show the whole excel data as powerpoint presentation.

Excel workbook contains texts, images, tables .

i want all the data to be presented in the ppt format using openxml code.

could you please help me in inserting tables from excel sheet to the presentation file.

Sample table:

Any Suggestions or help would be fine.

Thanks,

Banupriya

banupriya

Monday, August 12, 2013 6:07 AM
  • HI Banupriya,

In presentation, you need re-draw the table. so you can only retrieve data from your excel documednt and re-create table in presentation.

Have a good day,

Tom

Monday, August 12, 2013 12:22 PM
  • No problem Tom ,  for re-drawing the table do you have any code ??

please give me some code snippet. because i need to draw the table  in the presentation dynamically from excel . is it possible to do ?

Regards,

Banu

banupriya

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:03 PM