none
VS2005: No longer possible to put borders on objects in the report layout view? RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, as part of a recent upgrade, we now have VS 2005 instead of the older version we were previously using.  When working on a report in layout view, the old version had a sidebar-like thingy on the right where the properties of the currently selected object could be changed.  In VS2005, you right-click the object, choose properties, and you get a tabbed dialog.  That's all well and good, except that it's missing some of the things I used to be able to do.  The most important one I've noticed so far is borders.  I know the capability to put borders around things is theoretically still present in the software at some level, because old reports that are converted still have their borders in tact.  But the new UI doesn't seem to expose any way to add or change them.

Documentation that I've found on the web seems to indicate that there ought to be a Borders option under the Format menu when an object that can have borders is selected, but there isn't.  Other information seems to indicate that if it's not there I ought to be able to add it by going to Customize and finding the Borders command under the Format section, but it's not there.  Screenshot:
    http://cgi.galion.lib.oh.us/photo-archive/2009/misc/visual-studio-no-borders-comandunder-format.jpg

Is this normal?  Am I just missing something in the new UI?  Is my installation of VS broken in some way?
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:19 PM