Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I am building an application that needs to access a database. I installed the SQLite.net, made references to SQLite for Windows Runtime and Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Packages.
    Now, how do I connect to the database? In other words, what are the Visual Basic codes? Note that I do not see a DataSet or DataGridView in the tools menu like there is in Visual Basic 2008 that I am more familiar with
    I am using Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8 (not the desktop version) and I code in Visual Basic.
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 5:12 PM

Answers

• Hi ADPYvette,

Take a look at this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn263243.aspx. The C# code shows below, but I do think VB are the same, an free online code translate you could use for converting C# to VB.Net

private async void CreateTable()
    {
        SQLiteAsyncConnection conn = new SQLiteAsyncConnection("blog");
        await conn.CreateTableAsync<Post>();
    }

And windows store app does not have any DataSet or DataGridView, the basic idea is to fetch the data from database and to binding them with the GridView or ListView

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 6, 2013 1:06 AM