none
Using XSLT for Mapping no XSLT intellisense RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using XSD files created with HL7 Accelerator. These schema's use some imports to external librarys. So if I open these XSD files with the xml-editor in Visual Studio I allways see an error on the import "could not find file" because the schemalocation is not an file-location it is a reference. I understand that this the way it is used for BizTalk I know this will be resolved.

But because of that the XSLT intellisense does not work if I use one of these schema's. Is there a way around this?

(And Yes I've set the key in the register to True, I've tested in another XSLT and there it works).

Kind Regards

benny verhamme signed

Monday, February 9, 2015 2:57 PM

All replies

• Have you considered using stylus studio. You can generate the xml  instance of your schemas and use it , it gives you intellisense also you don't need to execute your map to test that. In case you have this software consider the following points.

<!--While testing the scripting functoid  xslt, after you place the body of your template this is the code you need to include in order to see a xml output or else you will see some values with spaces.-->

<xsl:template match=”/”>

<xsl:call-template  name=”YOURTEMPLATENAME”/>
     < /xsl:template>

——————————————————————————————————————

<!--While tsting the  Custom XSL path this is what you need to use:-->

<xsl:template match=”/”>
             <xsl:apply-templates select=”YOURTEMPLATENAME”/>
     < /xsl:template>

• Edited by Pushpendra K Singh Monday, February 9, 2015 8:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, February 16, 2015 3:05 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Orophine Monday, February 23, 2015 2:38 PM
    Monday, February 9, 2015 8:54 PM
  • Yes I've considered using stylus studio, but I don't want to. But why would I use an external program if everything is allready there for me in the program I'm working in to create my total project?

I just wonder if there isn't any other way so I could use Visual Studio. It works for other XSLT files. But not for the files where the import is a dll reference.

benny verhamme signed

Monday, February 23, 2015 2:44 PM