none
False Positive- Windows Defender

Question

• Hello There!

After spending 8 hours talking to 14 different Microsoft employee's, I was directed here. I am having a serious problem with an executable file being misread as malware and constantly being removed. Digitally Signing the application and restricting uiaccess to true still fails.

Microsoft have informed me that engineers will check the file and I am to check back in 24 hours, However is there something I have done wrong? The executable calls upon another executable namely the game client (developing a game) which calls upon a dll file as well. I believe that this calling upon another exe is why it is giving me this grief.... Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 weeks

8 Hours spent with Microsoft

14 Employees

12 That know less then I do

1 very thin line of patience

Monday, November 21, 2016 8:31 AM

All replies

• 2 weeks

8 Hours spent with Microsoft

14 Employees

12 That know less then I do

(and two that went above and beyond..... and still failed)

1 very thin line of patience

Monday, November 21, 2016 8:33 AM
  • Hi ConquerChrome3,

Welcome to our forum. This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

>> I am having a serious problem with an executable file being misread as malware and constantly being removed. Digitally Signing the application and restricting uiaccess to true still fails.

What's this executable file? A Visual Studio related executable or any other program executable file?

If the executable is not recognized by Windows Defender, it will treat it as malware, such as some third part program executables. So I suggest you contact the Window Defender supporter to know how the Windows Defender work and which type of files it will treat as malware.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:06 AM
  • Hi ConquerChrome3,

Welcome to our forum. This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

>> I am having a serious problem with an executable file being misread as malware and constantly being removed. Digitally Signing the application and restricting uiaccess to true still fails.

What's this executable file? A Visual Studio related executable or any other program executable file?

If the executable is not recognized by Windows Defender, it will treat it as malware, such as some third part program executables. So I suggest you contact the Window Defender supporter to know how the Windows Defender work and which type of files it will treat as malware.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact 

Thanks but It's for redistribution and I cannot instruct customers to let it through windows defender. I am currently working with Microsoft on getting this removed. I hope it will happen soon.
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:42 AM
  • Hi ConquerChrome3,

Since you are working with Microsoft on getting this removed, if any news about this issue, please feel free to share the result here and mark your reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same issue.

And you also could change this thread as General Discussion by opening the Options list at the top of the post editor window, and changing the type. It could let other communities who has any suggestions.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:31 AM