Where is the Show All Files icon in Solution Explorer gone to? RRS feed

• Question

• User1005758432 posted

Does anyone know where I can find the Show All Files in Solution Explorer? I cannot find it on mine.

Monday, December 9, 2013 11:18 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi mychucky

According to your description, I doubt whether your project is valid on your side, or this project is not compatible with current Visual Studio.

In addition, if this is Visual Studio issue, you could also repair your VS on your side.

To repair Visual Studio

1. In Control Panel, on the Programs and Features page, choose the product edition that you want to repair, and then choose Uninstall/Change.

2. In the Setup wizard, choose Repair, choose Next, and then follow the remaining instructions

If it still has same issue, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:05 AM

All replies

• User2103319870 posted

Hi,

Have you tried selecting folder which must contain target file and Solution explorer properties will be changed. There you can find Refresh button and Show all files button.

Check the below link for more details

Improved Solution Explorer in Visual Studio 2012 to Improve Productivity

Monday, December 9, 2013 11:47 AM
  • User71929859 posted

It should be a valid visual studio solution file in order to see the 'Show All Files' button on the solution explorer. If you simply open a website using your visual studio, then it won't show that button. Otherwise, usually it should be at the top of the Solution Explorer.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:08 AM
  • User1005758432 posted

No, this is what I have.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:35 PM
  • User71929859 posted

No, this is what I have.

It seems a published version of the site, you are trying to open. It's not a valid visual studio solution. What kind of project is this?

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:01 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi mychucky

According to your description, I doubt whether your project is valid on your side, or this project is not compatible with current Visual Studio.

In addition, if this is Visual Studio issue, you could also repair your VS on your side.

To repair Visual Studio

1. In Control Panel, on the Programs and Features page, choose the product edition that you want to repair, and then choose Uninstall/Change.

2. In the Setup wizard, choose Repair, choose Next, and then follow the remaining instructions

If it still has same issue, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:05 AM