Need to convert LSP to WFP for Parental Control Software RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an Parental Control application built using LSP (Layered Service Provider) which works fine under Windows XP. My existing LSP look for protocol info and if address family is AF_INET protocol is TCP and socket type is stream, it redirect the request to local webserver by modifying the address.

Now I have to port my application to Windows Vista, since LSP won't be available in future releases of Windows I want to switch my application to WFP (Windows Filtering Platform).

Can you please tell me that I can develop my application in User Mode or I have to develop Kernel Mode driver?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ankush Gupta

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Currently WFP does not support traffic proxy'ing (or redirect'ing) from user-mode (although you could develop kernel WFP callout drivers to accomplish simliar functionalities). As far as I know LSP will continue to be supported until WFP can achieve functional parity with it.

Hope this helps,

Biao.W.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Currently WFP does not support traffic proxy'ing (or redirect'ing) from user-mode (although you could develop kernel WFP callout drivers to accomplish simliar functionalities). As far as I know LSP will continue to be supported until WFP can achieve functional parity with it.

Hope this helps,

Biao.W.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:19 AM
  • Currently WFP does not support traffic proxy'ing (or redirect'ing) from user-mode

Hi Biao!

It was 2.5 year ago :-). Any advance regarding this issue from that time?

Thanks.

• Edited by VovaV Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:30 AM typo
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:43 PM