Opening Excel workbook error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

It was my stupidity to play around with the Excel Services. I just want to know how to i disable this services. I want to let user to open up any shared documents in the normal Microsoft Excel application rather than the web browser like how they used to do it.

Kindly help.

Thanks alot.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 1:58 AM

Answers

• At the document library in which your Excel files are stored, you can control whether to open documents with normal Excel application or with a web browser by default (settings->document library settings->advanced settings-> Browser-enabled Documents).

No matter what the default setting is, end user can choose to open Excel files with client application or web browser (choose Edit in Microsoft Office Excel or View in web browser on the Edit dropdown list for the document library item).

If you really want to stop Excel Calculation Service, you can do so on Central Administration->operations->Services on Server, click stop for Excel Calculation Services.

Alternatively, if you remove the document library from the trusted file locations (Central Administration->Shared Service Administration->Trusted file locations), user will also not be able to open Excel file in this document library in web browser even if the Excel Calculation Services are still running.

• Marked as answer by mykech Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:56 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:46 AM

All replies