Hi, I was trying to unload an Excel addin (.xla) from the Excel program by deselecting the item from the Add-ins list. The add-in was deselected, but when I reopened Excel, the icon still existed on the menu bar. I then uninstalled the add-in from my computer, and the add-in was removed from the add-ins list of Excel, but somehow the icon still didn't go away. Is there a way to solve this? Thanks.Tuesday, October 09, 2007 2:53 PM
Thank you for contacting Microsoft Innovate On Office Advisory Services.
The following is the details of your request:
[Support Request Description]:
- You had an add-in created for Excel, which was deselected, removed from add-in list and even uninstalled from the machine. But still the icon appears in the menu bar.
- Please provide me the following information to troubleshoot the issue further.
- What is the operating system (with SP level)
- What is the version of Excel (e.g. 2007, with SP level)
- What happens when you click the icon on the menu bar.
Harjit.Thursday, October 11, 2007 6:06 PMModerator