locked
need help with the event calendar control RRS feed

  • Question

  • User396061371 posted

    hi, i want to make use of the event calendar control to build a fresh new ajax enabled website, but i cant get the calendar to show up, below is my codes

    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>

    <%@ Register Assembly="EventCalendar" Namespace="ControlSample" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

    <script runat="server">

    </script>

    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <div>
            <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
            </asp:ScriptManager>
        </div>
            <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$                     ConnectionStrings:eventConnectionString1 %>"
                SelectCommand="SELECT [eventID], [eventTitle], [fromDate] FROM [eEvent]"></asp:SqlDataSource>
            <cc1:eventcalendar id="EventCalendar1" runat="server" datasourceid="SqlDataSource1"
              DayField="fromDate" ></cc1:eventcalendar>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>


    thx in advance

     

    Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:43 AM

Answers

  • User396061371 posted

    i managed to solve the prob already, it's got to do with my database, thx a lot anyway

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, July 21, 2007 10:14 PM

All replies

  • User-1563988197 posted

    Put it in an update panel. It should now look like this:

    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>

    <%@ Register Assembly="EventCalendar" Namespace="ControlSample" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

    <script runat="server">

    </script>

    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <div>
            <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
            </asp:ScriptManager>
        </div>
            <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$                     ConnectionStrings:eventConnectionString1 %>"
                SelectCommand="SELECT [eventID], [eventTitle], [fromDate] FROM [eEvent]"></asp:SqlDataSource>

    <asp:UpdatePanel id="CalendarUpdatePanel" runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
            <cc1:eventcalendar id="EventCalendar1" runat="server" datasourceid="SqlDataSource1"
              DayField="fromDate" ></cc1:eventcalendar>
    </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>

    Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:29 PM
  • User396061371 posted

    i managed to solve the prob already, it's got to do with my database, thx a lot anyway

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, July 21, 2007 10:14 PM