none
Documenting my solution RRS feed

• Question

• After I have created a solution with tables, view, queries, macros and all, I want to make some kind of documentation of my solution.

Is there some way to generate this document based on the solution itself? 

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Leif,

>> I can't see any of the described tools when I am working with an Access Web App solution

At present, Database documenter is only supported for Access desktop database, it is not supported for Access app. The link below descripts it.
    # https://support.office.com/en-za/article/Should-I-create-an-Access-app-or-an-Access-desktop-database-497fd86b-e982-43c4-8318-81e6d3e711e8

>> The only format I can save my work in is the .app format, and that format cannot be imported into the "normal" Access environment to make the reporting

Do you want to convert your Access desktop database to Access web app? I am afraid that there is no directly way to achieve that. If you want, I think you need to manually recreate the Form, query, tables in the desktop database.

If this is a feature you want to include in the feature version of Access web app, I suggest you submit a feedback as picture below:

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:59 AM

All replies

• Look here:

http://accessdatabasetutorial.com/2013/07/29/how-to-document-a-database-using-microsoft-access-tools-and-your-disciplines/

• Proposed as answer by André Santo Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:51 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:51 AM
  • Hmm, I can't see any of the described tools when I am working with an Access Web App solution. The only format I can save my work in is the .app format, and that format cannot be imported into the "normal" Access environment to make the reporting. What am I missing?
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:12 AM
  • Hi Leif,

>> I can't see any of the described tools when I am working with an Access Web App solution

At present, Database documenter is only supported for Access desktop database, it is not supported for Access app. The link below descripts it.
    # https://support.office.com/en-za/article/Should-I-create-an-Access-app-or-an-Access-desktop-database-497fd86b-e982-43c4-8318-81e6d3e711e8

>> The only format I can save my work in is the .app format, and that format cannot be imported into the "normal" Access environment to make the reporting

Do you want to convert your Access desktop database to Access web app? I am afraid that there is no directly way to achieve that. If you want, I think you need to manually recreate the Form, query, tables in the desktop database.

If this is a feature you want to include in the feature version of Access web app, I suggest you submit a feedback as picture below:

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:59 AM
  • I think I got it now: Under the File Menu, Info, there is a button "Report on my Data". What it does is, it lets me save as an accdb file, which I can then open in the desktop access development client.

At least it lets me report on the database structure. Unfortunately it does not support documentation of the different views and macros that are also part of the solution.
    Friday, July 24, 2015 8:07 AM