locked
Facebook connect with webauthentication broker - what have I broken!?

    Question

  • I changed the name of my application on the facebook developer site for my app yesterday (to change it from a test to a live named version) and now the connect authentication is broken!

    Im using the following urls to make my request using the webauthentication broker samples

    'https://www.facebook.com/connect/login_success.html';

    'https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?client_id=';

    ... which work fine and my application brings up the facebook authentication screen, lets me log in, and I get the popup in my browser facebook notifications to let me know the login happened.

    BUT i'm not being sent back to my application screen which then picks up tokens and the like.

    I think this is something to do with site domains and the site url boxes which control where the user is returned to after a login request.
    Does anyone know what these should be again? I also changed the namespace but that should only relate to opengraph yeah?

    FWIW - I've ran the SDK facebook auth application and put my facebook application id into that to test things out, and the same thing happens - so i'm SURE that it's something in the app settings on the facebook site I've broken.

    Help!


    Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:36 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    Please debug with fiddler.

    And please notice the parameter in the post.


    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Microsoft One Code Framework

    • Marked as answer by Song Tian Thursday, November 01, 2012 2:45 AM
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:13 AM
  • SOLUTION :

    For what it's worth, redirecting to the standard callback URL that is used in most examples for the webauthenticationbroker is NOT working. This may be due to my code or something else, but the solution is to set the callback url (redirect uri) to :

    https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth

    It appears that any settings on the application make no difference, but this was what sorted out my problems in the end.

    • Marked as answer by Song Tian Thursday, November 01, 2012 2:45 AM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:12 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Please debug with fiddler.

    And please notice the parameter in the post.


    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Microsoft One Code Framework

    • Marked as answer by Song Tian Thursday, November 01, 2012 2:45 AM
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:13 AM
  • It's weird.

    If i create a brand new facebook application, I have the same problem.

    I've also tried this on both the RTM version of windows 8 and also the consumer preview and its the same problem. Same problem if i use the SDK example for facebook oauth - NO REDIRECT.

    As a last test, I took the url that my javascript generates and put that into a brand new browser window :

    https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?client_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Flogin_success.html&scope=user_about_me,user_birthday,user_checkins,user_events,user_groups,user_hometown,user_likes,user_location,user_photos,user_status,user_videos,user_website,email,photo_upload,publish_stream,status_update,read_friendlists,share_item,offline_access,read_stream,friends_birthday,friends_location,friends_hometown&display=popup&response_type=token

    Which WORKED and passed my browser to the facebook connect success page, and put an access token in the querystring.

    This makes NO sense!

    Monday, October 29, 2012 4:18 PM
  • It's also worth noting that my Twitter OAUTH works perfectly fine, and redirects as expected. 
    Monday, October 29, 2012 4:20 PM
  • SOLUTION :

    For what it's worth, redirecting to the standard callback URL that is used in most examples for the webauthenticationbroker is NOT working. This may be due to my code or something else, but the solution is to set the callback url (redirect uri) to :

    https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth

    It appears that any settings on the application make no difference, but this was what sorted out my problems in the end.

    • Marked as answer by Song Tian Thursday, November 01, 2012 2:45 AM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:12 PM