none
WCF Service Scale Up Issue - Resolved in .NET 4.5.2 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Came across the following issue related to WCF Services in an earlier version of the .NET Framework: 

WCF service may scale up slowly under load: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2538826/wcf-service-may-scale-up-slowly-under-load

Has the above issue been resolved in .NET Framework v4.5.2 and above?

Requesting a confirmation on this topic as we are using WCF extensively in a Batch Processing Application and observing some performance issues. Hence want to understand if there is any Framework level issue that we need to be aware of.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 10:46 AM

All replies

• According this KB, I assume this issue should be addressed in .NET 4.0, and it should be resolved in .NET 4.5.2. I have tried to find a document to verify this, but I failed.

If you fall into scale up issue under .NET 4.5.2, please feel free to report back.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 24, 2017 2:36 AM
  • No, its not resolved in 4.5.2, I just upgraded my project to see as I am experiencing burst task issues as described above on an existing service that has seen large increases in volume recently.

creating 1 per 500 ms kinda destroys performance

• Edited by kevyou Thursday, September 24, 2020 1:38 PM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2020 1:17 PM