none
Cannot Log In

Question

• After entering my password, I get a script error.  This is Microsoft Software running on Microsoft OS.

Line: 193

Char: 5456

Error: Expected identifier

Code: 0

URL: https://app.vsaex.visualstudio.com/_public/_Bundling?Contect?bundle=vss-bundle-view- and the a key

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? I can click yes or no.  Same result.  It displays my name and email, but the continue button does not work.  I phoned support and they wanted $500!!!  This is why I use a Mac for everything else.  Always free, always a human, problem always solved.  I have code that I need to deploy!!  I can't get around this error.

Monday, August 15, 2016 9:00 PM

Answers

• That didn't work because I cannot log in.  However, I was able to figure it out.  Microsoft managed to think my purchased product was a trial product that expired.  I reentered my key and everything was fine except that entering my key then invalidated Outlook.  You guys need to get your act together.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 4:30 PM

All replies

• Hi DanaGroulx,

According to your description, please share us where you have encountered this issue? Sign in Visual Studio or sign in Visual Team Services?

If you sign in Visual Studio, you should need a Microsoft account. Click the sign in hyperlink in the upper right of Visual Studio. Please make sure your Microsoft name and the password is correct. And we should make sure that Visual Studio and IE are compatible.

In addition, you could sign in the account from IE browser with the following link, observe whether the issue occurs.

https://www.visualstudio.com/

If yes, this may be related to some settings in IE browser. You could reset your browser via Tools->Internet options->Advanced->Restore advanced settings or Rest

According to the URL you posted, which may be related to sign in Visual Studio Team Services. You could also sign in your account from IE browser, whether it appears the same issue.

If yes, please reset your IE and try again.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 12:07 PM
  • That didn't work because I cannot log in.  However, I was able to figure it out.  Microsoft managed to think my purchased product was a trial product that expired.  I reentered my key and everything was fine except that entering my key then invalidated Outlook.  You guys need to get your act together.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 4:30 PM
  • Hi friend,

If you have resolved your issue, please mark it as answer, which could help others who have the same issue.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:36 AM