none
Advice on technology selection RRS feed

• Question

• We are Microsoft based product company, currently working on re-engineering the existing product using Microsoft .NET Web Platform. It is a large-scale product, estimated around 10 months of development with a team of 20-25 engineers. Our management is pushing us to explore ‘Google Go’ and suggesting that it would improve the productivity, thereby reduce the effort and cost. They also indicate many popular apps (Uber, Drobox) are adapting Google Go. We tried convincing them not to risk on new technologies but there is a string push from the management to consider this technology. Appreciate if someone can shed some light on the following questions:

1.        Is Google Go matured enough to compete with web based Microsoft Solution?
    2.        How does it compare with Microsoft ASP.NET MVC?
    3.        What problem does it really solve?
    4.        What could be the potential risks of using Google Go?
    5.        Any additional justification factors 
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:34 AM

All replies

• My 2 cents, too early for matured organization to jump to google go. as you are already an MS based company i would suggest you follow the .Net route as now. I havent come across data which does compare productivity benefits across these langauages. 

Check the below link as well

http://jbeckwith.com/2015/01/04/comparing-go-and-dotnet/

Mark as answer if it helps

AA

Thanks and Regards Azhar Amir

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 8:23 AM