Export PDF From SSRS optimized for siging and editing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is it possible to export a report from SSRS to a PDF format which is optimized for signing and editing?

I have one textbox within the PDF which is very well suited for text entry, but other text boxes should be left out of data-entry.

When I click edit and sign I can enter text anywhere. Is it possible to prevent input on certain areas when exporting to PDF? 

• Edited by giovi2012 Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:59 PM
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:59 PM

All replies

• Hi giovi2012,

According to your description, I understand your requirement as that you have many text boxes which are used to enter signature, you want to make some text boxes unable to be edited, right? Also, you need to modify the report content in PDF, right?

Since your requirement is more related to PDF. I suggest you post your requirement on PDF forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat/forms, where your issue will get more attention and you can get more professional solution.   

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 9:22 AM
  • Hi, Thank you

The reason I put it in here is because I want to mark these boxes to be not editable while exporting the PDF from Reporting Services. So reporting services should mark them whether they should be editable, so the PDF is instantly usable. I will also post it in on the PDF forum.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:35 AM
  • Hi giovi2012

I am sorry for late reply. As I know, we are unable to configure textbox un-editable directly in SSRS. In addition, when you export report to PDF, the layout and style won’t be changed and the data can’t be altered or modified. So if you want to mark them which aren't editable, one workaround is that you could try to configure these textbox with different color or style, then you will distinguish editable and un-editable clearly.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 8:34 AM