Error in bing maps v8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are using bing maps v8 and we are getting the following error when loading pushpins or setview.

Pushpins are disappearing. Sometimes when you zoom and unzoom shows the puhspins.

It was working fine for last one year. This error started occuring recently.

we are using the following url

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.bing.com/api/maps/mapcontrol?branch=release&callback=loadMapAsync" async defer></script>

It was hard to debug. Any ideas?

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of null
        at i._getRegionForPosition (c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1)
        at i._getTextRegions (c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1)
        at i._initializeLabelRegions (c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1)
        at i.n.initializePosition (c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1)
        at t.computeRenderables (c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1)
        at t._processPrimitivesChangedMessage (c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1)
        at t._processMessage (c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1)
        at Object.i [as action] (c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1)
        at n._tick (7c459bc7.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*MapCore.en-in*MapCoreBegin*LabelOptions*LocalStor…:1)
        at 7c459bc7.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*MapCore.en-in*MapCoreBegin*LabelOptions*LocalStor…:1
    i._getRegionForPosition @ c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1
    i._getTextRegions @ c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1
    i._initializeLabelRegions @ c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1
    n.initializePosition @ c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1
    t.computeRenderables @ c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1
    t._processPrimitivesChangedMessage @ c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1
    t._processMessage @ c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1
    i @ c271c05e.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*LabelsPluginStart*LabelKey*LabelRegionBounds*Labe…:1
    n._tick @ 7c459bc7.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*MapCore.en-in*MapCoreBegin*LabelOptions*LocalStor…:1
    (anonymous) @ 7c459bc7.js?bu=rms+answers+MapsSDK+AnonymousBegin*MapCore.en-in*MapCoreBegin*LabelOptions*LocalStor…:1

Thanks a lot

Ram

• Edited by sairam100 Thursday, August 3, 2017 4:37 PM
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 4:36 PM

Answers

• Contacted offline.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 7:45 PM
  • The root cause of this issue was that when the pushpin was being created, the icon property in their code was being set to an empty string which resulted in an empty image that has no width/height being created and thus causing calculation errors when rendering. Setting the icon value to null or simply not setting it resolves this issue.

• Marked as answer by sairam100 Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:10 AM
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:08 PM

All replies

• Can you provide more info, such as;

• The browser you are using.
    • Does it happen in all browsers?
    • Does this happen 100% of the time?
    • Can you provide a code sample that reproduces the issue? Or a link to a site where you are having the issue.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 5:48 PM
  • Hi Rick,

It happens in all browsers. 100% of the time. After showing pushpins, if I zoom in or zoom out, pushpins disappear.

It happens only on our production server.

I have to provide a production link and userid and password. can I send it to you privately?

My email is sairam100@gmail.com.

Thanks a lot

Ram

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 5:50 PM
  • Contacted offline.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 7:45 PM
  • The root cause of this issue was that when the pushpin was being created, the icon property in their code was being set to an empty string which resulted in an empty image that has no width/height being created and thus causing calculation errors when rendering. Setting the icon value to null or simply not setting it resolves this issue.

• Marked as answer by sairam100 Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:10 AM
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:08 PM
  • Thank you so much for quick response! It is working fine now.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:10 AM