none
Sharepoint 2013 - Only show subtasks (hide parents) in a Task List View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks, 

Hoping someone might be able to help with what I'm after. 

Using sharepoint web-parts to pull in information from a Project Plan/Task List into a mini-dashboard.

The filter is fairly simple - show me tasks overdue or due in the next 7 days and the assignee is a specific person. 

Space in this dash board is at a premium so I need it just to include only the tasks without including their parent-taks. 

For example: 

Plan

-> Build Plan    start DD/MM/YY finish DD/MM/YY  Assigned to Mr. X

Build
    -> Build App    start DD/MM/YY finish DD/MM/YY  Assigned to Mr. X

Testing
    -> Unit Test

---> Run Unit Testing    start DD/MM/YY finish DD/MM/YY  Assigned to Mr. X

-> UAT Testing

---> Run UAT Testing    start DD/MM/YY finish DD/MM/YY  Assigned to Mr. X

What I want is for the tasks which are assigned to Mr. X to be in a view without the parents. 

e.g. where 'Testing' is broken down into 2 groups, and each group has a subtask; I'd want a view with only the subtasks.

At the moment, if my view is show me "tasks assigned to Mr X" it pulls back the parents. 

Hopefully I explained that well enough. 

Thanks

S

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Stevieblueyez,

Subtasks and parent tasks are associated, I don’t think it’s possible to display only subtasks without parent tasks.

Best regards,

Emily Du

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:13 AM
  • Hi Stevieblueyez,

I'm checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Emily Du

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, January 31, 2020 9:42 AM
  • Hi Stevieblueyez,

Is there any progress on this issue?

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Emily Du

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:07 AM