none
The Monitor View is different between "Connected" and "Not Connected". RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am troubled by a problem when I was using Kinect Studio to playback the Xef data. I found that the skeleton models shown in the INSPECT window are different between "Connected" and "Not Connected" options. Why does the skeleton change when I choose the different service connection? In my project I would like to use body model shown by the "Not Connected" option. Does anyone have an idea about how to extract the body data from xef without using Kinect Studio?
    Thursday, July 2, 2015 7:02 PM

Answers

• Hey Eric,

The skeleton is different because when the application is in the "connected" state, the skeleton is regenerated by the sensor. The sensor might lock onto the body at a different frame and/or assign a different body index, but overall, the skeleton should behave like the original one (with body joints moving with depth). When "not connected" the skeleton that is saved to the file is played back through the sensor. In your project, you should be able to use the Kinect Tools API to play the recorded body back without connecting to the sensor.

~Angela

• Marked as answer by Eric Huo Friday, July 10, 2015 10:13 PM
    Friday, July 10, 2015 10:09 PM

All replies

• If you have opened a xef file, go to the "Play" tab in Kinect Studio.

If you are not connected, you will see a live-feed from the Kinect.  If you connect, you are telling the service to use the frames from the xef file, and you should see what was recorded.

If you want to use what is currently in the live-feed instead of your recording, you should record a new xef file with updated data.

Thursday, July 2, 2015 7:25 PM
  • Thank you for answering! The problem is that the skeleton models are different between "connected" and "not connected" mode when I replaying a xef file. 
    Monday, July 6, 2015 4:15 PM
  • Hey Eric,

The skeleton is different because when the application is in the "connected" state, the skeleton is regenerated by the sensor. The sensor might lock onto the body at a different frame and/or assign a different body index, but overall, the skeleton should behave like the original one (with body joints moving with depth). When "not connected" the skeleton that is saved to the file is played back through the sensor. In your project, you should be able to use the Kinect Tools API to play the recorded body back without connecting to the sensor.

~Angela

• Marked as answer by Eric Huo Friday, July 10, 2015 10:13 PM
    Friday, July 10, 2015 10:09 PM
  • Thank you very much! The problem has troubled me for a long time. 
    Friday, July 10, 2015 10:13 PM