Windows Phone Bluetooth Protocol to support Sports-Tracker Hearth Rate Belt RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm using a BT Hearth Rate Belt to track my training at Sports-tracker.com. I have a quite old S60 Nokia mobile which I have to be upgrade in the near future (some of the buttons aren't working and the phone's value is so low that a repair is not affordable). I looked for new mobiles and I found these good looking WP7s. Unfortunately when I asked sports-tracker.com's support for BT HRM over WP7, they turned me down and said that Microsoft isn't support the necessary BT protocols that needed for the HRM.

I'd like to ask that is there any information about that MS will integrate new BT protocols in the forthcoming updates or will it just be like Apple that supports only it's own BT stuff?

As I personally dislike android, Apple and MS doesn't support the protocols, I have to stick with Symbian^3 if I want HRM support. Is there any possibility to have a full BT protocol support in the near future on WP7?

(Unfortunately Sports Tracker support didn't tell me which protocol they need, that's why I couldn't specify that information in this thread.)

Sunday, April 1, 2012 8:49 AM

Answers

• Same problem here. I bought a lumia 800 and was surprises to find out that the hearth rare belt I user on mij Nokia e72 wasn 't working on wp7. I hope they will support IT in the near future.
    • Edited by erikstevendejong Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by torma99 Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:45 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by torma99 Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:45 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:20 AM
  • Hi!

I'm a same boat with you. Waiting this feature over a year already and still hoping that microsoft will add bluetooth profile for heartbeat monitor belt.
    I'm Using HTC HD7 and Endomondo.

br.
    Margus

Sunday, May 6, 2012 9:49 PM

All replies

• Same problem here. I bought a lumia 800 and was surprises to find out that the hearth rare belt I user on mij Nokia e72 wasn 't working on wp7. I hope they will support IT in the near future.
    • Edited by erikstevendejong Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:21 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by torma99 Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:45 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:20 AM
  • Hi!

I'm a same boat with you. Waiting this feature over a year already and still hoping that microsoft will add bluetooth profile for heartbeat monitor belt.
    I'm Using HTC HD7 and Endomondo.

br.
    Margus

Sunday, May 6, 2012 9:49 PM
  • It's a matter of supported Bluetooth profiles.
    Ask this question in the Windows Phone Answers Forum at the following address

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 10:55 AM