none
BAHS 2 (in particular MQSC adapter) compatibility with BizTalk Standard Edition RRS feed

• Question

• We have BTS Standard Edition installed on a Windows 2008 SP2 64bit machine and have a requirement to interface to a WebSphereMQ hosted externally.

We have installed all the other components required to interface to MQ (Base Client 7, BAHS2 etc) and have performed an end to end test under both Developer and Enterprise Editions of BizTalk and all of these tests were successfull.

As our client currently has BizTalk Standard Edition (which does not allow Hosts to run under 64bit), subsequently when we try to send a message to MQSC, we get the following error:

The adapter "MQSC" raised an error message. Details "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Mqsc.ImqWrapperCommon, Version=7.0.2300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".

A blog post submitted by Stephen Jackson of the HIS Team states that BAHS2 is 64bit native and the BizTalk host must run as 64bit:

This is most likely due to the adapter being unable to load the MQ Client 
    APIs. A couple of things to check for:

- Make sure you have the MQ client installed and the box rebooted after you 
    did that.
    - If this is a 64-bit OS, make sure the BizTalk Host instance is running as 
    a 64-bit process and not set to "32-bit only" which for some reason is the 
    default setting. With HIS 2009 we support running the MQSC adapter in native 
    64-bit and not in Wow64, but this means that you need to have MQ 7.0 on the 
    box if it is 64-bit.

Thanks...

-- 
    Stephen Jackson
    Microsoft® HIS Support
    The Above statement has been verified as I have tested 2 hosts within Developer Edition (1 as 32 bit, the other as 64bit and the error only occurs with 32bit host)
    The issue now is as our client does not require the extra functionality (and cost) of Enterprise Edition, (and the HIS2009 site page states that BAHS2 is available for both BizTalk Standard end Enterprise Editions, where do we stand?
    Thanks

• Moved by Ben Cline1Moderator Saturday, July 10, 2010 4:56 AM Related to adapters (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Friday, July 9, 2010 3:38 PM

Answers

• Our HIS team confirmed that in HIS 2009 if the OS is 64bit, we only support running the MQSC Adapter in native 64bit process. According to Ben's comments, I'd suggest you open a support incident to Microsoft to confirm if the hotfix can help resolve the problem of standard version.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is this BizTalk 2009 Standard or 2006 R2 Standard?

Thanks,

William

Friday, July 9, 2010 5:09 PM
  • There is not a 64-bit version of the adapter right now. The limitation of standard edition only running 32-bit hosts is an annoyance - other people have hit this problem before too. There is a hotfix that enables the adapters to work as 32-bit on 64-bit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939202/en-us. The hotfix says it is for BizTalk 2006 R2 but it actually installs fine on BizTalk 2009. This is the only workaround right now for BizTalk standard edition.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 5:36 PM
  • Hi William

2009 Standard

Thanks

Monday, July 12, 2010 9:29 AM
  • Isnt BAHS2 for BizTalk 2009 native 64bit?  When I look at properties for the various MQSC dlls they are all marked as AMD64.

Are you suggesting that I install the BAHS (1?) for BizTalk 2006R2 and then install the hotfix to run under WOW64?

Many thanks

Monday, July 12, 2010 9:33 AM
  • No, I would not install the entire of BAH from BizTalk 2006 R2 onto BizTalk 2009. Just install the hotfix.

The problem is not whether the MQSC adapter libraries are coded for 64-bit. I have heard before too from Microsoft that they are supposed to be compiled against the 64-bit version of the IBM WebSphere MQ client libraries. On another thread the MQSC adapter was not registering properly. Something in the BizTalk 2009 changes affected the MQSC adapter installation process. The hotfix has resolved these issues for others.

So I am guessing you are dealing with an MQSC adapter supporting library install issue.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, July 12, 2010 2:14 PM
  • Our HIS team confirmed that in HIS 2009 if the OS is 64bit, we only support running the MQSC Adapter in native 64bit process. According to Ben's comments, I'd suggest you open a support incident to Microsoft to confirm if the hotfix can help resolve the problem of standard version.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:31 AM