none
How to generate a manifest? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I'm developing the Xamarin app (Forms, iOS is the start-up project). I can build and debug it in Debug mode but upon switching to Release, I cannot make a deployment. The problem is that I cannot make neither IPA nor "publish to disk" for my app. The error message is

Could not find file 'obj\iPhone\Release\app.exe.manifest'

If I browse the folder, I see it has no such file indeed. I think this issue is not Xamarin-specific, it is the general problem of manifest generation.

What can be the reason? How to fix this problem?
    Thanks.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, you could refer to the thread below.

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/3737/so-where-is-androidmanifest-xml

If you have something more about this issue, you could post a new thread in Xamarin forum for suitable support.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Renziglov Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:43 PM
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, you could refer to the thread below.

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/3737/so-where-is-androidmanifest-xml

If you have something more about this issue, you could post a new thread in Xamarin forum for suitable support.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Renziglov Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:43 PM
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:08 AM
  • Thanks for the link, but it is about different thing.

As per Xamarin, my post been there but no reply so far.

Thanks for hint anyway.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:43 PM