The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to RRS feed

• Question

• I installed 2005 and love email subscriptions. However Our company has a parent company an our email is ran through them. They have a user@Example1.com address and our company has a user@Example2.com address. Our company used to use the user@Example1.com address and switched over to theuser@Example.com1 address. Now when emails get sent out the people that existed when we were on theuser@Example1.com can receive the emails with no problem, however when new employee's get hired on to the company and we setup their email account with the user@Example2.com address they are not able to receive the emails from the subscription, I get

The following receipient(s) could not be reached:

user@Example1.com (DATE)

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.

<ServerName.Doman.net#5.1.1>

Now I put in the username into the subscription knowing that he has a user@Example2.com address but for some reason it is trying to send it to a user@Example1.com. That is why the people that existed before the switch over to the Example2.com can receive emails (Maybe they still have a reference to the @Example1.com address), but the new people don't receive the emails and get bounced back saying they don't exist in the @Example1.com address which is true, they are @Example2.com.

Anybody have any idea what is going on, of if I have it setup incorrectly. It works fine if the have the @Example1.com address but not when they have the @Example2.com address.

Please help!!!!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:48 PM

Answers

• It sounds like the Email Extension is configured with a default hostname.  You can see this in the RSReportServer.config file, search for defaulthostname.  You will want to remove this.  You would then have to let users edit the To field, you can do this by setting the SendEmailToUserAlias to false.  This will allow users to send to any address.

If you want to restrict hostname that users can send to, you can set hostname in the PermittedHosts section.

More information can be found here:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159155.aspx

Thursday, July 20, 2006 6:36 AM