Custom Document Information Panel and Saved Document Location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am creating a Custom DIP and need to access saved document location in my c# code.

Does anyone has an idea how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Zeeshan

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Zeeshan,

How do you want to access saved document location of a library in your c# code? InfoPath 2007 code?

You can try using the web service in the InfoPath c# code to read library item the like this post, see if it helps.

And if you want to show the the library path in DIP stored the document, you can try create a custom column and show this column in DIP, then use a SharePoint Designer workflow to update the custom column value with Path value.

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:58 AM
  • Thanks Daniel for your Answer but my scenario is a bit different.

I have multiple site and all Sites have dynamic Information which I need to display that information in Document  when User Save document into Library. Means every time Site URL Changes, I tried all InfoPath 2010 functions but they all returns InfoPath server URL rather than Site URL. Is there is any way I can get the location displayed in DIP ?

My Solution consists of SharePoint 2010 & InfoPath 2010.

Thanks,

Zeeshan

Monday, January 13, 2014 12:15 AM
  • Hi Zeeshan,

Sorry for late, I'm confused about your requirement.

Could you provide us a screenshot about you requirement?

What do you want to implement in DIP with code for your document content type?

Which location do you want to display in document DIP field? When do you want to get the value? 

Is it the current library path, or current site path, or other what location/path?

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:32 AM