implement HealthVault on iPhone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to implement the HealthVault on my iPhone application. I don't know is it possible or not. & iPhone application is developed on msc os, so i m thinking that it is not possible to implement on iPhone.
    So, if anybody knows it is possible or not let me know & if possible then how??

Please help me.

Thanks
    Dipen
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 5:17 AM

Answers

• The short answer is that it is "technically possible" to write iPhone apps that uses HealthVault, but not straight forward.

Currently HealthVault does not support pure client/desktop applications (irrespective of whether it is in windows or iPhone) that can directly talk to HealthVault.

But you can always have your client app (iphone app) talk to a web server (which you write) which inturn would communicate to HealthVault. The web server would use the offline credentials that each client would provide (securely) to communicate to HealthVault.  Essentially the webserver would act as a proxy communicating to HealthVault. Since the web server is a different piece, you can take advantage of HealthVault .Net SDK and build it easily.

Further, you should also provide an authorizing mechanisam for users of your application so that they can give offline authorization to the web service that you write.  This can be done in 2 ways

• You can have an online web site which users visit to authorize your application.  You can take advantage of the in built browser in iphone (or even embed a safari browser control in your client app) and redirect users to a link to visit before they can use your client application. 
    • You can use the direct to clinical approach (if it fits the use case of your application).

Hope this helps

Raj

Raj HealthVault Developer Tool http://xray.getrealconsulting.com
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 9:12 AM