Drop Down List : InfoPath 1007 RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to set up a drop down list so that as users enter data in the field, it auto fills the rest of the data? The source of the data for the drop down list is a SharePoint list. My users will enter a 9-digit unique employee identification number in the field. If the number they are entering is 987654321, then rather than scrolling all the way to the bottom of the list, I would like to have it jump right to the possible numbers they could enter based on the first few they enter.
    Monday, February 28, 2011 6:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is your dropdown just a dropdown or is it a combo box?  If it's just a dropdown that should be the way it works naturally.  As my users start typing what they want it automatically scrolls there... However on a combo box it will not behave this way.
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 1:40 PM
  • It is just a dropdown box. I think it could be not working properly because the SharePoint list is quite massive (>25,000 rows of data).
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 2:05 PM
  • You can't retrieve 25000 rows of data and show it in the form - it will be completely unusable.  Even a few thousand is almost unusable.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, March 9, 2011 12:56 AM
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 6:07 AM