none
HDInsight Linked service test service Azure Data factory V2 Gateway Timeout Error

Question

• Hello there,

I am trying to create a HDInsight linked service to an existing cluster through the Azure Data V2 factory portal.

However, when I test the connection I received Connection failed message with Gateway Timeout. Activity ID:39f4ce12-a1ac-4885-ab9c-74ab967c297f. 

I also checked using F12 Developer tools and the network tab also reports a 504 "gateway timeout" error.

Is there a specific way the service should be set up?

Thanks,

Gurb

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 1:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Gurb,

Did you create your HDI cluster in a VNET?  If so, you may need to check your NSGs and also check if your VNET is configured with user-defined routes:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/hdinsight/hdinsight-extend-hadoop-virtual-network#existingvnet

Are you able to SSH to your cluster or reach the Ambari UI?

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:28 PM
  • Hello Jason,it

Thanks for replying

The cluster is not part of a VNET and no additional security was applied other than the default settings.

I can access it via the Ambari UI.

Thanks,

Gurb

Thursday, June 21, 2018 5:52 AM
  • Interactive HDI? That's by-design not supported. Error message looked related.
    Monday, June 25, 2018 9:32 AM
  • Thanks for replying, Yes, it is interactive HDI. Are there any plans to support it? I was hoping to use it to trigger a final step of the process? Gurb
    Monday, June 25, 2018 9:37 AM