none
Unable to load dataset in a .NET in a project on reopening. RRS feed

• Question

• I have added a dataset in a VB .NET project. But once i am opening the solution, the dataset is not coming up in the listing of data sources. So the form using the dataset is giving me an error saying that " Cannot find "X" dataset.  Please make sure that the assembly containing this object is referenced".
    But once i build the project, the dataset shows up in the datasource listing and the form also opens up fine.
    I am not able to find a solution to this issue.
    Please it would be very very helpful if somebody could give me some pointers.
    I have tried deleting the existing dataset and adding new ones, renaming the dataset, refreshing it. But none of these seems to work.
    • Moved by eryang Monday, November 30, 2009 2:39 AM wrong forum (From:Building Development and Diagnostic Tools for .Net)
    Friday, November 27, 2009 12:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Entizer,

Could you try to reset the VS settings?

Choose Tools in the main menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Reset all settings.

Is the dataset excluded in the project?

Click the icon on Solution Explorer named show all files. How does the dataset looks like?

If it is not solidate, it may be excluded in the project. You can try to include it by right click the file and choos menu item.

Does this work for you? If you have any questions or concerns, please update the thread and we will have a further discussion.

Best Regards

Yichun Feng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Yichun_Feng Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:33 AM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Entizer,

Could you try to reset the VS settings?

Choose Tools in the main menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Reset all settings.

Is the dataset excluded in the project?

Click the icon on Solution Explorer named show all files. How does the dataset looks like?

If it is not solidate, it may be excluded in the project. You can try to include it by right click the file and choos menu item.

Does this work for you? If you have any questions or concerns, please update the thread and we will have a further discussion.

Best Regards

Yichun Feng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Yichun_Feng Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:33 AM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:56 AM
  • Hi Yichung,

Thanks for the reply. I had overloaded the Fill function of the table adapter to include a different SQL as the select command.
    The issue was resolved when i removed the new fill function. :-)
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 2:39 PM