none
Excel issue in the server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi team,

Iam facing issue in the excel dowload in my production sever.

My application is web application asp.net with c# 2.0 which is hosted in IIS 7.0

Where i have export button to populate the data in excelsheet,here iam facing the issue production server.

the same code is working fine in Quality server,i can able to download the excel everything.

dll-

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel on windows server 2008 64 bit(This is the dll which i have used in my application).

i have kept exception and captued one error,when i click on the export button in the prod server

error:

MSOIDSVC.EXE

Kindly help me out,Thanks in advance

Thursday, February 2, 2017 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you use Office Interop in your web application and run in the server-side?

Please see the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/257757/considerations-for-server-side-automation-of-office

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 3, 2017 2:14 AM
  • Yes i have used the Office Interop in my application.
    Monday, February 6, 2017 9:46 AM
  • Hi,

It is not supported, I suggest you use Open XML library to work around.

If you have any issues about Open XML library, please post on

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=oxmlsdk

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 6:22 AM