Contacts Picker Problems

Question

• I want to develop a metro app about contact. But when I see the 'ContactPicker sample app'. I just see the UI for remove and add, no persistance? 

Thanks,

--Mini

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 6:28 AM

Answers

• The People app is just a regular app. It keeps its own data store in its own application data folder and communicates with other apps via the Contact Picker contract. It does not have access to any system storage unavailable to other apps.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Minify Tuesday, August 07, 2012 10:10 PM
    Tuesday, August 07, 2012 4:51 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Mini,

You have to persist your app's contacts yourself. The ContactPicker contract allows you to provide the contacts from within your own store to appear in the Contact Picker raised by other apps.

--Rob

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 6:54 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply, but I still have an issue: Why is the contact's structure designed like this?  I see the People App(Win8), is it just a contact App ? Does it

use the system storage? And it has been implemented so cool. Could I use some methods(such as .net framework) to link to the storage like the People App

does?

Thanks,

--Mini

• Edited by Minify Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:01 AM
    Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:00 AM
  • The People app is just a regular app. It keeps its own data store in its own application data folder and communicates with other apps via the Contact Picker contract. It does not have access to any system storage unavailable to other apps.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Minify Tuesday, August 07, 2012 10:10 PM
    Tuesday, August 07, 2012 4:51 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks

--Mini

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 10:36 PM