Not all the result of Console.WriteLine() are displayed in unit test result RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

I have been working with Visual Studio 2010 with SP1.

And let's say, I'm writing a 100 string lines with below statement.

foreach(string oneString in arrayString){Console.WriteLine(oneString);}

Then, sometimes, the result is displayed only up to, let's say, 461 lines; depending on the screen resolution.

In this case, even though clicking scroll button doesn't work, if I just select the text and drag the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen, the screen is scrolled down further showing hidden result. But the length & position of the scroll bar are unchanged.

And sometimes, nothing is displayed and sometimes, all the data is displayed with two scroll bars.

But for all cases, if I just click 'Copy' and paste the result in the notepad, I found that all the output was actually written and copied.

I think this is a bug. Is there any way I can fix this?

Let me sing you forever

• Edited by boladore Saturday, December 2, 2017 4:47 AM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 7:20 AM

Answers

• >>But for all cases, if I just click 'Copy' and paste the result in the notepad, I found that all the output was actually written and copied.

it seems a really limitation, even i tested a sample in VS2017, it indicates copy and paste to notepad is a workaround:

Thanks for your finding this. 

Regards, 

Fletcher 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by boladore Saturday, December 2, 2017 4:43 AM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:56 AM

All replies

• >>But for all cases, if I just click 'Copy' and paste the result in the notepad, I found that all the output was actually written and copied.

it seems a really limitation, even i tested a sample in VS2017, it indicates copy and paste to notepad is a workaround:

Thanks for your finding this. 

Regards, 

Fletcher 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by boladore Saturday, December 2, 2017 4:43 AM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:56 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I checked the 2017 and it shows at least warning. Any plan to increase the length?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Let me sing you forever

Saturday, December 2, 2017 4:47 AM
  • >>I checked the 2017 and it shows at least warning. Any plan to increase the length?

I'm not pretty sure if the VS developing team will modify this property in the future, but you could go to Help ->  Send Feedback -> Provider a suggestion to them, then they will evaluate it and respond you.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful. 

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Monday, December 4, 2017 2:46 AM
    Monday, December 4, 2017 2:46 AM
  • Thanks. I will try to do that.

Let me sing you forever

Sunday, December 10, 2017 5:35 AM