none
Microsoft Project Online Services RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
    I am trying to connect to 'Microsoft Project Online' Service via Power BI Web and after authentication i get below error

Regards Nabeel

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Nabeel,

Which account did you use? You should use the account associated with your Project/O365 licence. Then did you try removing [en-us]? Or even everything after /PWA?  I don't have an instance right now to get you the exact parameters...

Do you have the permissions to consume odata feeds?

Finally, you might have a proxy preventing you connecting to a source via odata feed: this is my case from my office, I need to do all about PowerBI from home.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:03 PM
  • Thanks for your reply, actually i am using it from home without any proxy.

Yes i removed everything after /PWA

I am the administrator and i have purchased licenses for both Project Online and Power BI

Regards Nabeel

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:29 PM
  • If you open a browser and try to reach https://XXXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/PWA/_api/projectdata, what do you get?

Have you tried from Excel?

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:33 PM

• Regards Nabeel

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:39 PM
  • So you have access to the project data through odata feed, this is a good start..

I can't remember the other type of authentification bit have you tried the other ones (than oauth2)? 

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:45 PM
  • I have tried OAuth2, also i can easily connect via Power BI Desktop but Online i am unable to connect.

Regards Nabeel

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:55 PM