none
PowerPoint variables from Excel data RRS feed

• Question

• Looking to assign the value of a single Excel cell to a variable within a Power Point 2010 or 2007 VBA module

• Moved by Hila Shemer Monday, July 30, 2012 6:59 PM This question is not related to apps for Office (From:Developing Apps for Office)
    Sunday, July 29, 2012 8:49 PM

Answers

• Tom, Thanks to your post I figured out what I was doing wrong. I now assign values to variables in Excel and then link objects to my PowerPoint slides. Only snag was the picture objects (can't link) but I've now tackled that and am good to go. Thanks again...and so long for now.
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi HomeTDW,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please tell me where your Excel document is before we start working on this issue? Is it a single file on your local disk or a embedded object in you PowerPoint presentation?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:06 AM
  • Right now it is a single numberic cell on my local disk.  Could also embed it into my PowerPoint PPTM file if it helps.  Thank you for your response.
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:23 PM
  • Tom, Thanks to your post I figured out what I was doing wrong. I now assign values to variables in Excel and then link objects to my PowerPoint slides. Only snag was the picture objects (can't link) but I've now tackled that and am good to go. Thanks again...and so long for now.
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 3:15 PM
  • Hi HomeTDW,

I'm glad to hear you have solved your issue. Thanks for sharing your experience here, it's very beneficial for other community members who hae similar question to see how your solved it. And in my opinion, the experience for solving the issue which we encounted is more important than other things.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, August 2, 2012 2:30 AM