none
I have a Project in Visual Studio 2010 and I want to use SqlDataSource , when the SqlDataSource trys to connect to SQL Server, it gives me an Error: This Server Version is not supported. You must have Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or Later. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Project in Visual Studio 2010 and I want to use SqlDataSource , when the SqlDataSource trys to connect to SQL Server, it gives me an Error: This Server Version is not supported. You must have Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or Later.
    • Moved by spacewrangler Monday, March 28, 2011 3:09 PM (From:Building Development and Diagnostic Tools for .Net)
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 12:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi mahmoudsaad87,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

So what’s SQL Server version you are using?

It may be a problem about driver of your connection to SQL Server.

Could you please tell us the SQL Server version that you are using and the driver of your connection to Database?

It is better to get some code from you.

Have a nice day!

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 14, 2011 7:36 AM
  • Hi Paul Zhou

Thanks For Helping me 

i am using SQL Server 2000 and i cannot upgrade it to 2005 or 2008 as my company Privacy 

Have you any Solution for this Problem Thanks again.......

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:13 PM
  • I have to say that it may be difficult to target SQL Server 2000 directly via VS 2010.

I suggest you change your platform to VS 2008. More detail, please refer to:

SQL Server 2000 and Visual Studio 2010 and this blog.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Monday, March 21, 2011 2:22 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:42 AM