EXPORT TO EXCEL FROM REPORTING SERVICES 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1350042179 posted

I have the Visual Studio 2010, and when I want to export a large excel from reporting services, finished downloading and the session dies, or when my bandwidth is low, it fails to download when there is enough information,,,,,

ie get error ...

Monday, May 6, 2013 7:34 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

EXCEL ROWS BETWEEN 40,000 AND 50 ARE KILLED THE APPLICATION SESSION ASPNET

It is not so big to export 50~40000 rows in excel worksheet,

You could refer the msdn document to learn exporting to Microsoft Excel (Report Builder and SSRS), perhaps it can give some tips for you,

For further information - Exporting to Microsoft Excel (Report Builder and SSRS)

hope it helpful to you,

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:47 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

The export to Excel will go to extraordinary lengths to try and maintain how your report looks.

If you have lots of different borders or colors (particularly if different formatting is determined by the data in your report) this will bloat the file.

Also check if many columns with very small and unusual sizes are created in the exported worksheet. The export does this to try and match alignment in Excel with the original report.

Try recreating your report as a basic table with no formatting or headers/footers and see . If Excel's behavior is acceptable then add each piece of formatting back until it goes away   

Take a look at this link, there is an example of how to insert a page break after a certain amount of records.  You'll need to add a grouping with an expression based on the RowNumber(), then page break when needed (Excel's row limit).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms157328.aspx

With regards

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 7:10 AM
  • User-1350042179 posted

HE TRIED AGAIN, AND ONLY ME exported HAPPENS WHEN EXCEL ROWS BETWEEN 40,000 AND 50 ARE KILLED THE APPLICATION SESSION ASPNET ...

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 7:54 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

EXCEL ROWS BETWEEN 40,000 AND 50 ARE KILLED THE APPLICATION SESSION ASPNET

It is not so big to export 50~40000 rows in excel worksheet,

You could refer the msdn document to learn exporting to Microsoft Excel (Report Builder and SSRS), perhaps it can give some tips for you,

For further information - Exporting to Microsoft Excel (Report Builder and SSRS)

hope it helpful to you,

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:47 AM