none
Transfering Files from A Domain to B Domain or C Domain RRS feed

• Question

• I have a situation where I have two scripts to run. Both run from the same server on Domain A which is internal. Both scripts are the same but with two different drop offs.

Script 1 goes to a domain outside of the firewall to SQL Server. (on a seperate domain) Domain B 

I have setup local user and password on this domain and have given the account access to the folder where it needs to be dropped in.

Script 2 goes to a stand alone sftp server. (We can call this Domain C but it is a stand alone server in a workgroup) I have setup local user and password on this domain and have given the account access to the folder where it needs to be dropped in.

The same username and password for this job is the same in all three domains. Both scripts failed until...I defined the username and password into ws_ftp.

These domains are seperate for a reason so no trust is setup and B and C are outside the firewall. The ports are open in the firewall to allow this traffic to go through. In the scripts the SNODE and PNODE are the same since the users are identical in all three domains.

I confirmed this when I disabled the account in ws_ftp and ran script 2 again. It failed. I enabled the account in ws_ftp and ran the script again and it goes through.

The username and password on the local machines are identical to that defined in ws_ftp. Script 1 has never worked. And script 2 only works with the ws_ftp and not local permissions.

Finishing notes:

The firewall is open and there is not problem ( had network team trap the connection and the connection is being established)

The errors are login failure, unable to authenticate username or password.

These environments will remain seperate, no trust for the domains.

This seems to be a limitation in the software connect direct. I have gotten a batch file to work from the server to the other servers.

• Moved by Damon ZhengModerator Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:13 AM
    • Edited by Keunz Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:11 PM Connect Direct Limitation
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:07 PM

All replies