none
MSVCR80.dll missing RRS feed

• General discussion

• I was in the process of a normal update of iTunes. I had music playing which stopped as the update proceeded. The update behaved in an unusual manner so I pressed "Abort". When I try to open iTunes, I get a message that "Windows file MSVCR80.dll is missing", and another that "iTunes did not instal properly, Error 7 (Windows 126)". I have deleted and reinstalled iTunes. Also I have downloaded a fix from Microsoft. I went into the iTunes program and pressed "Repair" None of these actions has worked. I have no tunes!

Friday, January 24, 2014 10:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The forum supports .Net Framework setup. And I suggest you post your issue to the iTunes forum.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/itunes/itunes_for_windows

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:59 AM
  • Uninstall *every* Apple application.  (This won't affect your library content.)

Reboot.

Reinstall iTunes.

Saturday, January 25, 2014 12:40 PM
  • Thank you so much, it worked! I uninstalled every Apple program and am now enjoying playing lots of music again!
    Saturday, January 25, 2014 1:47 PM