none
Reply to emails with a template? Using a Macro perhaps? RRS feed

• Question

• We have customer service agents that monitor a shared inbox.

Something we want to do is give them the ability to reply to emails and select a template so that we can be sure all their responses are appropriate and uniform.

We can make a template for a NEW email but is there anyway to create a reply and insert a template into the response?

I saw quick steps, but those seem to lack the full formatting of an actual email template?

Is there anyway to setup a macro to create a reply email, insert a template in the response, and then let the customer service agent look it over, type in what they need, etc... and send it?

I see I can use a rule to automatically reply with at template, but we just want to make a toolbar button where they click "reply with template" and the reply is opened, template inserted, and they fill it out and send like a normal email.

Thanks!

• Moved by Perry-Pan Friday, March 30, 2018 6:16 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for visiting Outlook Forum.

Then here we mainly focus on  general questions and feedback related to Outlook desktop application. Since your issue is more related to macro/VBA, I'll help move this thread to Outlook for Developer forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 30, 2018 6:15 AM
  • Hello,

You could create a mail based on the template and then a mail to reply to the original mail. And then you could combine their content into one mail and display it to user to fill and send.

Here is the simply code.

Sub ReplyWithTemplate(ToReplyMail As MailItem)
    Dim RepliedMail As MailItem
    Dim TemplateMail As MailItem
    Set RepliedMail = ToReplyMail.Reply
    Set TemplateMail = CreateItemFromTemplate("C:\Users\v-guaxu\Desktop\TestFolder\TestTemplate.oft")
    RepliedMail.HTMLBody = TemplateMail.HTMLBody & RepliedMail.HTMLBody
    RepliedMail.Display
    End Sub

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 30, 2018 6:50 AM