none
There has got to be a way that I can look at previously developed SSIS solutions and packages from a previous site

Question

• So I have solutions on my portable hard drive of all SSIS Solutions and Packages that I have developed at previous jobs and different sites and platforms. I can open the project in Visual Studio, but when I try opening the Package, it errors all over the place. Most notably on Connection Managers...obviously that are not defined where I am right now.

Is there any way that I can open up my previous solutions so that I can look at the SSIS Package that I created? Is there any way I can turn off validation from a Project level? A Package level? So that when I open the Package it doesn't check all that stuff for validity.

I did actually try opening the .dtsx Package up in Notepad++ and tried deleteing out portions of the XML that was causing the errors and that actually seemed to create even more errors.

UGH!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your review and am hopeful for a reply.

Friday, November 13, 2015 6:22 PM

Answers

• Hi ITBobbyP,

Which version of Visual Studio are you using? And which version of Visual Studio used to create your previous solution?

Please make sure the same version of Visual Studio that used to create and open your solution. If current version is different with previous version, please create a new blank solution with current Visual Studio and then remove the solution items one by one from the previous solution to the new one.

>>Is there any way I can turn off validation from a Project level? A Package level?

Please try uncheck "Validate upgraded packages" option in Select Package Management Option window when you open SSIS solution with Visual Studio.

In addition, please confirm you have installed Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools for current Visual Studio.

If possible, please provide a sample project and tell us the version of Visual Studio you are using, which can help us reproduce your problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, November 16, 2015 5:43 AM