none
net framework set registry key HKLM RRS feed

• Question

• How to set registry key HKLM Software \ microsoft \. NET Framework\Install Root to point to the NET Framework install location  using XP Professional version 2002 service pack 2
    Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:40 AM

Answers

• Are you trying to set the key programmatically, or is this a .NET configuration issue?

If the former, please indicate what project type and programming language. If the latter, please indicate the .NET Framework version in question.

I note from you post that your Windows XP is not patched up to date. .NET 4.0 and higher require that SP3 be applied to XP.

Saturday, April 20, 2013 12:33 PM
  • Hi TheLearningNinja,

How is your issue now?

Could you please share the info MVP mentioned? We should make your issue clear with additional info from you.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 22, 2013 5:38 AM
  • HI TheLearningNinja,

I'm afraid this issue was pending due to you cannot upgrade your OS.

Our tips for Visual Studio and .NET installation here mentioned that you should have your OS update to date.

To check your .NET installation status you can use this tool. Let's see the tool result of your issue.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:24 AM
  • the message that I get is .... please set registry key HKLM/software\ microsoft\.NET Framework\Install Root to point to NET Framework install location ......... and yes my XP is not up to date because I had to use BootSuite 2012 because my laptop was frozen at the BIOS start up  and I lost a lot of data during the recovery so now when I go to install the updates I get that massage to set registry key HKLM  so I think its a NET configuration issue  I am  also unsure of the NET Framework version and I don't know how to check .I have also received theses error  messages 0X8DDD000F and 0X8DDD004
    Monday, April 22, 2013 5:57 PM

All replies

• Are you trying to set the key programmatically, or is this a .NET configuration issue?

If the former, please indicate what project type and programming language. If the latter, please indicate the .NET Framework version in question.

I note from you post that your Windows XP is not patched up to date. .NET 4.0 and higher require that SP3 be applied to XP.

Saturday, April 20, 2013 12:33 PM
  • Hi TheLearningNinja,

How is your issue now?

Could you please share the info MVP mentioned? We should make your issue clear with additional info from you.

Regards,

Barry Wang

Monday, April 22, 2013 5:38 AM
  • the message that I get is .... please set registry key HKLM/software\ microsoft\.NET Framework\Install Root to point to NET Framework install location ......... and yes my XP is not up to date because I had to use BootSuite 2012 because my laptop was frozen at the BIOS start up  and I lost a lot of data during the recovery so now when I go to install the updates I get that massage to set registry key HKLM  so I think its a NET configuration issue  I am  also unsure of the NET Framework version and I don't know how to check .I have also received theses error  messages 0X8DDD000F and 0X8DDD004
    Monday, April 22, 2013 5:57 PM
  • Thanks  Barry  I have made a reply  to the best of what I can but my knowledge surrounding computer tech is very limited so I hope I am not making the task  a frustrating  run around  and do thank you for your assistance .
    Monday, April 22, 2013 6:08 PM
  • HI TheLearningNinja,

I'm afraid this issue was pending due to you cannot upgrade your OS.

Our tips for Visual Studio and .NET installation here mentioned that you should have your OS update to date.

To check your .NET installation status you can use this tool. Let's see the tool result of your issue.

Regards,

Barry Wang

Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:24 AM
  • Oh thank you Barry you have been awesome. Sorry for the delay in my response  but  I had a router 

issue which I have now replaced and I now understand how to mark your responses as answered .I will set the tools into play to check my NET status on my laptop and will post the results shortly .

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:37 PM
  • I  installed  both  the" NET framework setup Verification tool" and the" NET  framework Repair tool"  but with out any luck although  I have gained further knowledge in  that my NET framework is  version 1.14322 and in the logs it was saying that none were installed . Upon going into Administrative Tools 

I can see " microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Wizards " but when I click it I get the message to set registry KEY HKLM as previously described and there is " Microsoft .NET framework 1.1 configuration" if I click  that  I get a message  with a big red X saying " MMC could not create the snap-in" I also found a section that  had NET Framework updates  that must have been installed on my laptop at previous times .

Monday, May 13, 2013 5:49 PM
  • I am also receiving these   error messages "The instruction at  0x7c911389 referenced  memory at 

0x00000010 the memory could not be read  click OK to terminate this program  and also  ERROR  0x8DDD000F

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:21 AM