none
Is Edmx Views Processor is available for VS 2013 ? RRS feed

• Question

• We are facing similar issue for which we added column in viewto be unqiue by using ROWNUMBER() . When we run ALTER VIEW V_TABLE_NAME ADD CONSTRAINT V_V_TABLE_NAME_PK PRIMARY KEY DISABLE ;

and in edmx says update model from database it prompt error - Error 49 Error 13101: Key part 'PRIMARY_KEY' for type 'TESTEDMX' is not valid. All parts of the key must be non-nullable. Also, edmx does not show the view added.
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 5:24 PM

Answers

• Hello dev2015,

>>Is Edmx Views Processor is available for VS 2013 ?

If I understand correctly, the “Edmx Views Processor” is a tool and could be downloaded from below link:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/d9b76b5d-d45c-4e79-8d28-31444be582de

Unfortunately, it is available for VS2010 only and I noticed that this tool is original used for EF4. So if you are using EF4, for your scenario to import the views to the edmx, you could try EF5 or higher versions.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 17, 2015 1:44 AM

All replies

• Hello dev2015,

>>Is Edmx Views Processor is available for VS 2013 ?

If I understand correctly, the “Edmx Views Processor” is a tool and could be downloaded from below link:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/d9b76b5d-d45c-4e79-8d28-31444be582de

Unfortunately, it is available for VS2010 only and I noticed that this tool is original used for EF4. So if you are using EF4, for your scenario to import the views to the edmx, you could try EF5 or higher versions.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 17, 2015 1:44 AM
  • I did a workaround by creating a table with exactly the same structure of the View and of course with the required primary key. Updated model from the data base. once its done , dropped the table and created the view with the same name and structure. Its working fine....
    Sunday, May 6, 2018 6:22 PM