Using ASPDNS on IIS7 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1177534200 posted

We are migrating to II7 and have some apps we are running in classic ASP. Everything works fine except the ASPDNS.dll we purchased from ServerObjects years ago. We used it to determine domains on the fly. I had trouble installing it at first but have looked around and now am able to install it without errors, but the scripts aren't working. I get this error when it hits the line that calls up the object.

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800703e6'

Server.CreateObject Failed

I am using the 32-bit setup. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:07 AM

All replies

• User744767459 posted

Hi,

The 800703e6 means "Invalid access to memory location", If your IIS Server is a 64-bit system, you can configure enable32BitAppOnWin64=true to see if it works. Otherwise, you probably need to contact the ASPDNS.dll builders to fix this issue. Thanks.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 5:49 AM
  • User-1177534200 posted

thanks for the reply, Leo,

I looked into this and noticed Enable32bitAppOnWin64 is already set to true for asp.net 1.1.  But, i'm not sure that would be what I need. This is a classic ASP script that only converts the "REMOTE_HOST" server variable to a domain name. 

here is the script if it helps

Dim DNSLook
      Set DNSLook = Server.CreateObject("AspDNS.Lookup")
      REMOTEIP = request.servervariables("REMOTE_HOST")
      REMOTEHOSTDOMAIN = DNSLook.ReverseDNSLookup(REMOTEIP)

REMOTEHOSTDOMAIN would no be equal to the domain name.

The ASPDNS folks at serverobjects no longer have contact information on their site.  So, I don't know how to contact the developers of the object.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:45 AM