none
Assistance with 837I/P Multi-Single ST-SE Outbound Messsages RRS feed

• Question

• So I have a requirement to send outbound 837I/P messages to various customers. Some of them require Single ST/SE messages, while other require Mult ST/SE segments.

The only hit of processes that I have seen around this is this article by Eric Stotts

http://blog.biztalk-info.com/archive/2009/01/29/BizTalk_2006_R2_X12_EDI_Batching.aspx

Since I can't deploy both the Single and the Multi ST/SE messages to the same environment (without changing the namespaces at least), my understanding is that I can deploy the Single ST/SE schema, and leverage the Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BatchingOrchestration.BatchingService process to actually take 2 or more Single schemas and actually create a Multi ST/SE.

If anyone has additional information for me please let me know, or tell me the error in my logic...

Monday, May 23, 2011 5:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

You are right.You can use inbuilt BizTalk Batching orchestrations to batch multiple single transactions or change the namespace and use both of them with in the same environment.

Thanks..

Surya

Thanks... SPN
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 10:37 AM
  • Hi Kevin,

You are right.You can use inbuilt BizTalk Batching orchestrations to batch multiple single transactions or change the namespace and use both of them with in the same environment.

Thanks..

Surya

Thanks... SPN

How do I close the batch. Or otherwise, indicate that the batch is complete? So that it will send the batch out.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 5:16 PM
  • Hi Kevin,

You have 3 different options in the party for the same.

1.)Scheduling----You can have a time interval to release the batch

2.)No of Transactions:-You can release batch based on no of transactions either in interchange or group.

3.)No of Characters:-The release can be based on the no of characters in the batch.

The final option is to release an external  trigger called PAM Control Message.You have to create this message and drop in the message box to release the batch.

Thanks... SPN
    • Proposed as answer by SPN Biztalk Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:58 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 9:55 AM