none
[Node.js][Mobile Apps] Easy Tables Does Not Work in any Deployment Scenario RRS feed

Answers

• If you are using an expressjs application on Azure App Service and want to use Easy Tables on Azure manage portal. There are several more configurations you can try to set in advance.

1.  Install Azure Mobile Apps - Node SDK express middleware in your application. 
    2.  add a folder named `tables` in the root directory of application.
    3.  Config Data Connections In your App Service mange portal, click Settings => Data Connections => Add to create a connection string.
    4.  You can leverage azure mobile apps node sdk to use these easy tables scripts. 

You can refer to https://github.com/Azure/azure-mobile-apps-node/tree/master/samples/todo for the basic expressjs+mobile apps sample with easy tables.

Friday, March 11, 2016 6:41 AM

All replies

• Go to your site => All Settings => Quickstarts - follow the instructions there and deploy the Node.js quickstart.
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:27 PM
  • Which node.js template? The blank app just tells me to download visual studio and the sdk. I already have those installed.
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:57 PM
  • Log on to Azure Portal

CLick on your site

CLick on All Setttings

Click on Quickstarts

Follow the instructions.

The quickstart is the only template that has support for Easy Tables right now.

Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:06 PM
  • Just deployed azure node express 4 app from visual studio and that didn't work either. Still no easy tables. Getting ready to look at Firebase.
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:26 PM
  • Doesn't work. All that is under "Quickstart" is instructions to download and install Visual studio and tools (WHICH I HAVE). No solution works. Go try it yourself. I have never had this problem in the past. Been using Azure for years. 
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 7:06 PM
  • If you are using an expressjs application on Azure App Service and want to use Easy Tables on Azure manage portal. There are several more configurations you can try to set in advance.

1.  Install Azure Mobile Apps - Node SDK express middleware in your application. 
    2.  add a folder named `tables` in the root directory of application.
    3.  Config Data Connections In your App Service mange portal, click Settings => Data Connections => Add to create a connection string.
    4.  You can leverage azure mobile apps node sdk to use these easy tables scripts. 

You can refer to https://github.com/Azure/azure-mobile-apps-node/tree/master/samples/todo for the basic expressjs+mobile apps sample with easy tables.

Friday, March 11, 2016 6:41 AM
  • That's the .NET Quickstart.  As I mentioned in the first place, you need to deploy the Node.js Quickstart.  This is currently the only one that allows you to use Easy Tables.
    Friday, March 11, 2016 7:12 PM
  • Actually, my answer uses expressjs and Azure mobile app - node sdk which is node.js scenario. Have you tried my steps? And any response?
    Monday, March 14, 2016 12:58 AM