Duplicated Params RRS feed

• Question

•       /// <summary>

/// Select '10.91.30.42' in 'cboServername' combo box
            /// </summary>
            public string UICboServernameComboBoxEditableItem = "10.91.30.42";// <summary>
            /// </summary>
            public string UICboServernameComboBoxEditableItem1 = "10.91.30.42";

/// <summary>
            /// </summary>
            public string UICboServernameComboBoxEditableItem3 = "10.91.30.42";

IF i access a control thrice with same input values like above combobox ..The no. of entries in UIMApdesigner.cs increases with prefix as 1,2,3 for same control and input value..Why so? It should not be as control and input are same

even if input value is different like 10.91.44.55 .Control should remain as  UICboServernameComboBoxEditableItem nd not  UICboServernameComboBoxEditableItem1

Please help me  to understand!!Thnx!!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:35 AM

Answers

• Yes, in a UI work flow each action can trigger changes in UI and we have to follow the same flow while doing the playback.

In your case you are doing action after each combo box select operation which might have triggered some UI changes, but if we would have aggregated into one variable, the playback would have been difficult to manage, because we could remember only last set value.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions which we can incorporate to improve this experience

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:39 PM

All replies

•   Ideally these three actions should be aggregated into single action.  Are you doing any other operation in between these select actions or there is more than 10 sec delay in between actions ?  If yes then these three actions would be recorded as separate actions. 

Can you try the same scenario on some other application, if you experience the same, please share the logs, so that I can investigate it further.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:15 PM
  • Yes there were other operation between these action ...Is that make any difference? because ideally like what other automation do is record it as same everytime ...

I think when we are recording again on same control ,it should update the previous entry if any change is there other wise that control should not changed

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:33 PM
  • Yes, in a UI work flow each action can trigger changes in UI and we have to follow the same flow while doing the playback.

In your case you are doing action after each combo box select operation which might have triggered some UI changes, but if we would have aggregated into one variable, the playback would have been difficult to manage, because we could remember only last set value.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions which we can incorporate to improve this experience

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:39 PM
  • Let me troubleshoot in some other application and let you know!!
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:11 AM