I'm tryng to open a .RDL file in local Mode on a reportViewer

I'm working whit C# and VS 2010

I have this error on the body  of the report

"rapport definition contain a namespace not possible to update

'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2010/01/reportdefinition'

is not valid"

i suppose is the right traslation cos' i have it in Italian

it is related to this post but there is no answer

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vs2010ctpaspnetandnetfx/thread/cd4f2ccc-64c1-4f10-92be-18937bf0f50a

I'm following the normal procedure to show it and whit .RDLC it work properly

//////////////////////////////////////////////

//set the local Mode

rv.ProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Local;

//set the Path

rv.localReport.ReportPath ="c:\\rdl\\report1.rdl";

//add table from a dataset

rv.localReport.DataSources.Add(new ReportDataSouce("Sales",ds.Tables[0]));

rv.refreshreport();

//////////////////////////////////////////////

to create the report i've used Report Builder 3.0

and in it i coudn't find the specification of that URL,

opening the rdl with notepad i foun the URL on the second line

what do you sugget to do to make it work, apart from translating the .RDL in .RDLC

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 8:59 AM

Answers

• ReportBuilder 3.0 reports will not work with the 2010 ReportViewer control in local mode, they will only work if you publish them to a SQL Server 2008 R2 Server and you use remote mode. For local mode the ReportViewer supports RDLC versions 2005 and 2008, to get 2008 based reports you can use ReportBuilder 2 or use the RDLC designer in Visual Studio 2010.

Matt M 
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:28 PM

All replies

• ReportBuilder 3.0 reports will not work with the 2010 ReportViewer control in local mode, they will only work if you publish them to a SQL Server 2008 R2 Server and you use remote mode. For local mode the ReportViewer supports RDLC versions 2005 and 2008, to get 2008 based reports you can use ReportBuilder 2 or use the RDLC designer in Visual Studio 2010.

Matt M 
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:28 PM
  • "ReportBuilder 3.0 reports will not work with the 2010 ReportViewer control in local mode"

Matt, in this issue from a year ago, you gave a similar answer.  You mentioned that it would be fixed in the next release.  A year later, are we still waiting for this fix?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsreportcontrols/thread/e609a329-58cd-4f30-b8d6-a912657d8eba/#238d77d4-40f6-41ef-b66e-68678c6ad13b

"we hope to bring the ReportViewer local processing RDL support inline with the latest version no later than the next release"

Appreciate any new information you can provide.  Thanks

Jarrod

Thursday, June 2, 2011 9:44 PM
  • Any new information on this would be appreciated.
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Any new information on this would be appreciated.

Yes, some new details would be interesting, I would like to use some of the new functions in RDLC from 2008 Schema and cannot with earlier version
    Friday, June 24, 2011 11:27 AM