Create Workflow Diagram using SharePoint 2010 Visio Services RRS feed

• Question

• I just saw a demo where they created a workflow diagram in visio 2010 premium using workflow template and then where able to import it into the SP Designer.

If I install SharePoint 2010 Visio Server on my SP2010 installation, can I create the visio drawing using the same workflow template in the browser?

Is the template available in the browser as well?

Or do I necessarily need to have the Visio desktop client?

MSDNStudent Knows not much!

Sunday, May 27, 2012 10:11 AM

Answers

• Hi MSDN Student,

You must install Visio 2010 Premium in your desktop client in order to create diagram. After that, you will be able to import workflow template into SharePoint Designer 2010. Visio Services in SharePoint 2010 just allows you to view Visio diagram directly in your browser.

T.s

SharePoint Vietnam | Blog | Twitter

• Marked as answer by MSDN Student Monday, May 28, 2012 6:50 AM
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 3:00 PM
  • To create the diagrams, yuo will need a copy of Visio. What Visio Services does is convert a Visio drawing into a SilverLight drawing, so the image can be kept live by letting SharePoint refresh the data associated with the image. So there is only a need for the creator to have a Visio license.

If you are a student, Microsoft has a number of options of obtaining Microsoft software at special rates.

John... the original Visio MVP (since 1993) Visio.MVPs.org

• Marked as answer by MSDN Student Monday, May 28, 2012 6:51 AM
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:43 PM
  • currently designing of workflow with Visio is only available with  Microsoft Visio Premium 2010 client version 

hope this answers your question 

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio-help/create-import-and-export-sharepoint-workflows-in-visio-HA101888007.aspx

Best Regards, Ashutosh | SharePoint World

• Marked as answer by MSDN Student Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:01 AM
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 10:51 AM

All replies

• currently designing of workflow with Visio is only available with  Microsoft Visio Premium 2010 client version 

hope this answers your question 

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio-help/create-import-and-export-sharepoint-workflows-in-visio-HA101888007.aspx

Best Regards, Ashutosh | SharePoint World

• Marked as answer by MSDN Student Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:01 AM
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 10:51 AM
  • To create the diagrams, yuo will need a copy of Visio. What Visio Services does is convert a Visio drawing into a SilverLight drawing, so the image can be kept live by letting SharePoint refresh the data associated with the image. So there is only a need for the creator to have a Visio license.

If you are a student, Microsoft has a number of options of obtaining Microsoft software at special rates.

John... the original Visio MVP (since 1993) Visio.MVPs.org

• Marked as answer by MSDN Student Monday, May 28, 2012 6:51 AM
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:43 PM
  • Hi MSDN Student,

You must install Visio 2010 Premium in your desktop client in order to create diagram. After that, you will be able to import workflow template into SharePoint Designer 2010. Visio Services in SharePoint 2010 just allows you to view Visio diagram directly in your browser.

T.s

SharePoint Vietnam | Blog | Twitter

• Marked as answer by MSDN Student Monday, May 28, 2012 6:50 AM
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 3:00 PM