How to get the type filter for a subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

At the publisher end, I would like to find out the type filter for the subscription message that I receive. I am familiar with the TypeFilter field of SubscribeRequestType. The TypeFilter proprety gives an array of strings each representing a filter in the form of DSSP Action XML qualified name + DSSP Body XML qualified name (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.dss.servicemodel.dssp.subscriberequesttype.typefilter.aspx). However, I would like to get the types as System.Type that is corresponding to both the DSSP Action and DSSP Body XML qualified names. Can you please help me find a solution for this.

Thanks,

Venkat

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:57 AM

Answers

• I see that DsspServiceBase.GetTypeFilterDescription() is being used internally to generate those strings in the form "<action>+<namespace>:<name>". However, I see no inverse APIs for parsing these back into Types.

The best suggestion I can come up with would be to build your own dictionary by running the filters you expect through GetTypeFilterDescription() up front.

Not brilliant, but I hope that helps!

Friday, April 13, 2012 5:40 PM

All replies

• I see that DsspServiceBase.GetTypeFilterDescription() is being used internally to generate those strings in the form "<action>+<namespace>:<name>". However, I see no inverse APIs for parsing these back into Types.

The best suggestion I can come up with would be to build your own dictionary by running the filters you expect through GetTypeFilterDescription() up front.

Not brilliant, but I hope that helps!

Friday, April 13, 2012 5:40 PM
  • Thanks so much Ashley Feniello for your help. I tried whatever you said and it works..
    Monday, April 16, 2012 9:08 PM