I Am New To C++ RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I am new to c++ and i was wondering what some of the basic code used in alot of c++ projects are so i could figure it out once i get used to c++ language. (I have been stuck on Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition for too long lol)

Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:52 AM

Answers

• By basic code, do you mean the project skeleton? If that's the case, you can see a few of these if you create new solutions through the different VC++ templates. That being said; I urge you to get a book, if you haven't already. Learning by doing is a painful and long (years and years) process with C++. Reading a few good beginner books, alongside playing with some sample projects, will get you started quicker. Accelerated C++ has been recommended on many occasions, so that would probably be a good place to start.

You should also familiarize yourself with sites such a codeproject.com and codeguru.com. The are good samples available for many common tasks, using many of the common technologies for the C++ language. If that fails, try your favorite search engine, or ask us here.
    Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:13 AM